The UK Dart 15 Association

Stewartby TT

Dart 15 Chat
Erling
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Stewartby TT

Post by Erling »

Don't forget the first of the one day winter TT events at Stewartby next Saturday 7 Nov. Start of first race 1100 and will give you another chance to win the new sails donated by Windsport.
Mark
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Mark »

We have seen interest increase in Sprint 15 at Stewartby in the last year, some new cat sailors me included [almost all in relatively old boats!]. Very hopeful of at least five home boats there this year. 8)
I shall definately be there soaking up all I can learn from you! :D
Derek James
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post by Derek James »

Hi Mark ,
hopefully there will be 3 , possibly 4 boats from Draycote at Stewartby this Saturday . Looking forward to meeting you and I am sure you will have home advantage :lol:
Cheers
Derek.
Derek ( Dray cat ) Sprint 1744
Erling
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Erling »

Thank you for a great days sailing Sun / Wind good close racing and still on my way home by 3.30. Its also nice to see not everyone from Beaver hibernates from Nov to April?
Derek James
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post by Derek James »

Thanks for organising a great event , the efficiency of race mangement and food serving was very impressive and there can't be many events where you can head for home by 4pm . It was good to see a friendly and emerging sprint 15 fleet at Stewartby . Have you thought about having a training day at Stewartby :?: We had one at Draycote and Ed and Pete clearly listened to what they were told , I think I need to sit in on another session :roll:
Great event and if you can make it come to Draycote later in January , its only an hour up the M1 !
Cheers
Derek ( Dray cat ) Sprint 1744
Neil Parkhurst
Warrant Officer (Class One)
Warrant Officer (Class One)

Post by Neil Parkhurst »

How was the turn out, some of us have to work still as well as play. Who was the Beaver boat? and who ended up winning 2nd 3rd etc. I know the results will be out soon but as John knows I am impatient.
Erling
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Erling »

Not going to tell you, though I have sent results to Martin.
Martin Searle
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Martin Searle »

Erling wrote:Not going to tell you, though I have sent results to Martin.
Folks,

Just got back from having a much needed holiday. I'll try and do them today in between all the work that needs to be caught back up with.

Martin S.
Ex Sprint 15 Webmaster
Ex Seasalter SC Webmaster
RYA Regional Race Officer (South East Region) (Expired)
RYA Club Race Coach (Expired)
RYA Dinghy Sailing Instructor (Expired)
Martin Searle
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Martin Searle »

Martin Searle wrote: Just got back from having a much needed holiday. I'll try and do them today in between all the work that needs to be caught back up with.
Results have now been posted. If you spot any mistakes (there are 1 or two looking at them) please email me\post here and I'll correct them with the right info. Did anyone sail Sport mode?

http://www.sprint15.com/events/EMS/seri ... s.php?id=8

Martin S.
Ex Sprint 15 Webmaster
Ex Seasalter SC Webmaster
RYA Regional Race Officer (South East Region) (Expired)
RYA Club Race Coach (Expired)
RYA Dinghy Sailing Instructor (Expired)
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Hi Guys,

I'm back from my travels and it is looks like there is no race report for Stewartby. I don't think we have missed having a race report in more than 15 years so we surely cannot let this record be lost. :oops: What we need to do is to nominate some fine upstanding young man who took part in the event to record what he can recall of the event and to send it to our webmaster and to George Love for the next magazine. I can think of no finer example of such a person than an ex teacher with time on his hands......... how about it Robert? Are you up for it? It would be great if you can. :D

Standing by in anticipation.

Regards

Bob
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Let's hear a round of applause for Robert England who came up with the report and prevented us from loosing our record on race reports. :D

Many Thanks Robert

You are a Star.

Cheers

Bob
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

Bob Carter wrote:You are a Star.
Aw Shucks Bob! :oops: