The UK Dart 15 Association

Netley Nationals August

Dart 15 Chat
Mike1683
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Netley Nationals August

Post by Mike1683 »

I hope I've not missed the answer somewhere, I've tried looking honest.

Is there the possibility of camping at the Netley Nationals this August? Well I say camping it would be more staying in a motrhome but you know what I mean.

Thanks
Mike 1683
Andrew Hannah
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Netley Nationals August

Post by Andrew Hannah »

Mike1683 wrote: I've tried looking honest.
But it's those shifting eyes that give you away! :lol:
Fading star of the Thorpe Bay fleet
Former rugby player in the extra-B
Struggling musician
Second best cabbage in the village show...
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Netley Nationals August

Post by Bob Carter »

Mike1683 wrote:I hope I've not missed the answer somewhere, I've tried looking honest.

Is there the possibility of camping at the Netley Nationals this August? Well I say camping it would be more staying in a motrhome but you know what I mean.

Thanks
Mike 1683
Hi Mike,
Yes you can camp in an enclosed field right behind the clubhouse. All competitors will need an access code to get into the sailing club grounds - hopefully Erling will be telling us the number in due course. :wink:
Cheers
Bob
Charles
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Charles »

Mike

Hope you are prepared to make the REAL campers a cup of tea in your luxury abode!

Charles :wink:
Charles
1942, Ingrid
Halifax SWC
God does not deduct from our allotted life span the time spent sailing (or talking, texting, reading, posting to websites & emailing about it)
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

All tent and Winnebago accommodation welcome - not caravans though, unfortunately. :cry:
RobBowen
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by RobBowen »

Hi - Rob from Netley here. Our camping field is lovely and sheltered, but without any electric hookup for those of you who need a home from home! If you're camping it is worth having strong tent pegs as under the field is pretty solid foundations from the old hospital.

Alternatively there is a "proper" caravan park round the corner. http://www.sunnydalefarm.co.uk/.

Hope this is useful information...

Rob
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

Thanks Rob. I did check out the Sunnydale site a while back. From the reports I read, I wasn't super impressed at £25 a night, incomplete toilet block and lots of road noise. So I'm still thinking. Sounds like Netley boat park has good hardstanding for caravans, though. :?