The UK Dart 15 Association

Stewartby Sprint 15 Winter TT - 5th November

Dart 15 Chat
KarlPountney
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Stewartby Sprint 15 Winter TT - 5th November

Post by KarlPountney »

Hello all. It's that time of year again where I cut 'n' paste the announcement I posted last year into a fresh one to announce that the first of the Winter TT Series events is taking place in a couple of weeks at Stewartby.

The format is as before. Two races, first race at 11.15 am. Briefing at 10.30 on the clubhouse patio. Open to all formats. RYA PY number will be used.

The club will be open from 08.30 so plenty of time to set up (put your boat together!), chow-down on bacon butties and sup a few mugs of tea.

The entry fee is the same at £15 and everyone goes away with a crate of beer. A bacon butty and a cup of tea is included as well. Please ask the Galley about "Love in a Bun" but do expect to pay a little more (for the additional sausage and egg).

A typical hot meal, which is not included in the entry fee, drink and pud comes in at around £5 - £7.

The only change to a typical event at Stewpot is that we intend running both races back-to-back rather than either side of lunch. It worked well last year and was popular amongst visitors and members alike. The notice of race is on the main Sprint 15 website (follow the link on the homepage).

We've got even more home boats than last year and we want to see as many of you as possible. I've posted a separate note on the forum about arrangements to drop boats off on the way home from Grafham and encourage you to take it up. It's free.

So we'll look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.

If you have any questions please contact myself, Mark Norman or Jon Finch (class captain) and you can do this simply by emailing sprint15@swsc.org.uk.
Mark Aldridge
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Stewartby Sprint 15 Winter TT - 5th November

Post by Mark Aldridge »

I have a pass out for the winter series events and look forward to the 5th Nov to see the growing Stewartby fleet.

Hopefully see a few of you @ GWSC Cat Open this coming weekend.
Mark Aldridge
Mark
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Mark »

In case you were as yet undecided whether to attend next Saturday, the Important stuff has now been finalized:

Karl has been busy buying all the beer! Every entrant will go home with a case.

The lunch time post race menu will be:

Chicken Tikka Curry, rice, a vegetable balti side, bombay potato fritters, naan etc
Pudding will be rhubarb and apple crumble, custard or ice cream all for £6

Anyone with any dietary needs other than that drop me an email or call me.

Entry includes mug of tea, and a bacon roll when you arrive galley will be open from 8.30.

You are all welcome to stay for the club fireworks and BBQ in the evening as well.

Hope to see you all there.

Mark
Mark Aldridge
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Mark Aldridge »

So it's breakfast, sailing, curry and beer with some pyrotechnics thrown in..

I for one will be there and I'm all trailered up and ready to go..

See you Saturday.
Mark Aldridge
simon
Captain
Captain

Post by simon »

Hi Mark

Sounds good to me !

See you Saturday

Simon 1970