The UK Dart 15 Association

Newsprint is Dead!!!, long live e-Newsprint???

Dart 15 Chat
dave42w
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Re: Newsprint is Dead!!!, long live e-Newsprint???

Post by dave42w »

Liam wrote:George has given me almost ten years' worth of Newsprint copies in PDF format. I have compressed them and uploaded them to http://www.sprint15.com/magazine.php

They are available to all without a password. There were already a few copies on this site but they were password protected previously.

The intention is to add the previous issue each time a new one is published.

Let me know if you have any problems. I compressed them for an up-to-date version of Adobe Reader so make sure you have the latest version installed.
Thanks Liam, perfectly readable on my 8" tablet
moreair
Warrant Officer (Class Two)
Warrant Officer (Class Two)

Post by moreair »

Liam,
I never got a chance to reply, might have been busy reading back issues. I joined in 2008 but it was good to read the articles again (although I have got the print versions somewhere) and those that came before me.

So big thanks for making them available. If there are any prospective members I am sure they will join because they can see the quality of the magazine.

As an after thought, as well as the Boat Forum, the magazines give people a good opportunity to see more history about a certain boat.

Paul
Paul - Sprint 1954
Charles
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Charles »

In previous times when I was much more active on the circuit , I read all the write ups online and so the mag was a quick flick. Today the mag dropped through the letterbox and I am looking forward to putting my feet up, leaning back and enjoying finding out what my sailing mates have been up to. Good quality magazines in paper format never loose their lure, ask the readers of Time, Vanity Fair or Vogue. Those mags all have online offerings too. Vibe la papier!
Charles
1942, Ingrid
Halifax SWC
God does not deduct from our allotted life span the time spent sailing (or talking, texting, reading, posting to websites & emailing about it)