Mainsheet Blocks

Dart 15 Chat
Charles
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Jib blocks

Post by Charles »

Robert

I put 4mm shiny sheets, with small blocks to match & 3mm from block to clew. Much safer, a little less weight & fine for the hands.

I'll get that picture of my downhaul to you ASAP!

Charles
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Jib Sheets

Post by Robert »

Thanks very much chaps, that's all very helpful.

I'm going in gently at first with 7mm sheets but I might get a second bit of string at 4mm for light weather. Has anyone bothered with tapered sheets, I wonder?

I'm not having much luck with a harness. Northampton Sailboats sold me one that I think is too small. It's a Magic Marine "Smart Harness". I'm also a bit concerned about the triangle of straps around the tender parts which look a bit threatening to me. I tried to take it back on Saturday but found that they were closed. I was very surprised about this and started looking elsewhere.

My current plan is is to get a Pinnel & Bax made to measure nappy harness but I'll have to keep eating carrots or the money will be wasted if it no longer fits me. Perhaps I should get a Crewsaver Adjustable Nappy Harness instead...

Charles
Don't worry about the picture as the budget is running low and I'm going to keep my present system.

Robert
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Blocks and Harnesses

Post by Robert »

Just to say that I have now upgraded my mainsheet system by adding a missing bottom single block to my "old" type set. With my Windsport "Racelight" mainsheet (9mm I think), it all works very well. There is ample length, it runs out nicely and the 7:1 purchase makes life easier on the beat.

Thankyou very much for the pulley, Bob, you have saved me shedloads to spend on other goodies. The difference went on my new Pinnel & Bax made to measure harness. For anyone looking around I can really recommend one. It is very comfortable and supportive and I feel secure on the wire (getting out and back is a slightly different story, but I'll learn). Maybe a trip round the forestay won't be so bad after all. It will make a change from playing at submarines whilst lolling comfortably on the trampoline and not watching for gusts.

I just thought I'd pop this post in as I couldn't see any new ones today.

Robert :D

Oh yes - and thanks to Steve Sawford for a Gucci jibsheet set. I especially like the ORANGE strop!