The UK Dart 15 Association

Stewartby Winter TT - Saturday 6th November

Dart 15 Chat
KarlPountney
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by KarlPountney »

Plan backfired regarding the race report and it fell to me. It's written and will be with you all very shortly and plastered across Y&Y's website also.

However, for those who didn't make it (and you know who you are) 23 of us had a jolly good time in a modest breeze. Thanks to Chris Black for putting the idea of back-to-back to the race officer - inspired.

Anyway for a quick look at the scores on the doors:

Place Helm (Club)
1 Peter Slater (Draycote )
2 Chris Black (GWSC)
3 Howard Hawkes (Thorpe Bay)
4 Simon Miles (The Stig) (SWSC)
5 Erling Holmberg (Shanklin)
6 George Stephen (Queen Mary)
7 Robert England (Carsington)
8 Kevin Dutch (Seasalter )
9 Mark Norman (SWSC )
10 George Love (Carsington)
11 Liam Thom (Shanklin)
12 Gordon Goldstone (Queen Mary)
13 Jon Finch (SWSC)
14 Steve Wakelam (SWSC)
15 Ed Tuite Dalton (Draycote)
16 Chris Clarke (SWSC)
17 George Wood ( )
18 Phil Warner (Draycote)
19 Karl Pountney (SWSC)
20 Robert Finch (SWSC)
21 Mark Rushton (SWSC)
DX 1st Steve Sawford (Rutland SC)
DX 2nd Ray Gall (Carstington)

Your Race Officer today was Simon Witham.
Assisted by Andy Gregory & Barney Proud
In the support boat were Anthony Harris, Andrew Bunyan, Marcus Finch & Steve Hill.
Photography was undertaken by the very talented Rosie Norman (Pictures to follow).
Galley: Linzy Norman, Gemma Finch & Rosie Norman.
Registration Desk: Joanne Finch.
Help ashore and general factotums: Brian Finch and Steve Ivory.

Who'll be the 2012 Stewartby Stig? Come back next year and find out!

The whole Stewartby fleet was missing Robin Hall very much who hasn't been able to sail for the last few months due to ill health. Get well soon Robin and see you next year.

Karl Pountney
1494 & Vice Commodore
SWSC
ray.gall
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Stewartby Winter TT - Saturday 6th November

Post by ray.gall »

Thanks Stewartby for a great event and superb hospitality, back next year!.

Congratulations to Peter Slater Stewartby TT Winner :D

Now for the result the nation has been waiting for, The Inter Club Challenge 2010/11.......first blood to Team Carsington, well sailed Robert / George :lol: the results indicate that Carsington got our three boats home whilst Draycote managed two....... or put another way using the low score system, Team Carsington 26, Team draycote 34.

Derek your team needs you!

YaHoo!
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by George Love »

My thanks indeed to all those at Stewartby for making my first visit so memorable. :D A great day out and a great turnout in some fabulous Autumn sunshine.
My hearty congratulations to Pete (Pretty Boy Bob) Slater from Draycote on his first TT win - well sailed.
I notice the comments from my learned friend and club colleague, Ray, on the result of Round 1 of the CSC/DWSC inter club challenge and find myself fully concurring with his review and findings. I had worked out the same result, albeit it in a different way i.e. using team racing scoring system namely first boat-one point, second boat-two points and so on. CSC had a 2nd, 3rd & 4th which gives 9 points. The James Gang (obviously missing their leader) had a 1st, 5th & 6th giving them 12 points. So whichever way you cut it, first blood has gone to CSC, I would say. Look forward to the second round at CSC next month.
Finally, and having also given this some careful thought, I have decided not to pursue any further my attempt today to bring a slightly different take on sartorial elegance to the Winter series. I think it was Mark Norman's comments on my departure which helped me reach the decision which were: "George - It's not a good look!" My breeks and shreddies were, therefore, placed this evening on the village bonfire. Gave the ladies a bit of a scare but I'll get over it. :oops: There will be more on the fashion front shortly
Thanks, again, Stewartby, for a great day 8)
George Love : Fly-by-Wire : 2019
Liam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Liam »

I have put a few snaps of the event on the Shanklin Sailing Club web site: http://www.shanklinsailingclub.com/gall ... gallery=95

And I do mean snaps.
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

George Love wrote:My breeks and shreddies were, therefore, placed this evening on the village bonfire....... :oops: There will be more on the fashion front shortly
Glad you weren't wearing them at the time, George. I'm a bit worried about the fashion FRONT :!: Another very enjoyable event at Stewartby - looking forward to next year. Thanks to those who offered me help with my lights. Carsington v Draycote results reported above by Ray and George confirmed correct and not in need of any re-working. Remains to be seen if Derek is to be the key player at Carsington. In the meantime it was great to see Phil making a bid to replace him. :wink:
Robert England