The UK Dart 15 Association

measurement certificate

Dart 15 Chat
darth vader
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

measurement certificate

Post by darth vader »

How do I get hold of a measurement certificate ? I brought the boat second hand a couple of years ago and did not think to ask for one , Dont think it would be a problem as as for as I can tell everything is still original
Erling
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Erling »

I would not worry about it, the new boats don't have them and as long as you chage things only to the new rules you havent a problem. If the person that sold you the boat hasn't still got it, thats it.
Charles
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Measurement Cert

Post by Charles »

I was worried about this too, most clubs state certs are required at opens, but nobody ever checks & as it's not possible to get a replacement most of us are in the same boat, so to speak.

If there is anything you think has been replaced then look at an assortment of other boats & keep within the range you see (e.g. rope thickness, length, etc.).

Although there is the 15 boat rule I haven't heard of anyone calling for it, Bob will no doubt know if it has been used.

You know what you're sailing, we know what your sailing, so as long as you don't beat the pants off everyone then nobody will scrutinise your boat anyway!
Charles
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Measurement Cert

Post by Charles »

I was worried about this too, most clubs state certs are required at opens, but nobody ever checks & as it's not possible to get a replacement most of us are in the same boat, so to speak.

If there is anything you think has been replaced then look at an assortment of other boats & keep within the range you see (e.g. rope thickness, length, etc.).

Although there is the 15 boat rule I haven't heard of anyone calling for it, Bob will no doubt know if it has been used.

You know what you're sailing, we know what your sailing, so as long as you don't beat the pants off everyone then nobody will scrutinise your boat anyway!