Sad News - Phil Breeze

Dart 15 Chat
Jenny Ball
Admiral
Admiral

Sad News - Phil Breeze

Post by Jenny Ball »

Dear All

It is with regret we need to pass on the sad news that Phil Breeze has passed away. Phil was a regular member of the fleet for many years and, of course, is best known for the wonderful cartoons he provided to the Association. The cartoons covered misdemeanours and characters in the fleet and Phil produced dozens of them for our magazine and elsewhere. The Runner Up for both the Nationals and the Sport Nationals get to take home a large framed Phil Breeze cartoon for a year.

Phil's son, Mark, has asked us to pass on the following to those in the fleet who knew Phil:

"Just wanted to inform you of the death of my dad Christopher breeze (phil breeze) the brilliant cartoonist for your magazine.
Would it be possible to inform everyone that his funeral will be Friday the 2nd August at semington crematorium BA14 6HL. at 11am
For all that knew him.
He loved his sailing and his boat soggy bottom.
Thanks Mark breeze "

Many thanks

Jenny
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Sad News - Phil Breeze

Post by Bob Carter »

Very Sad. Another of the Class's characters who put a lot into the Class over the years.
Regards
Bob
PS Jenny - a nice tribute.
mrblue1991
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by mrblue1991 »

Very sad news indeed and his cartoons over the years depicted the class character's just so well.

I would suggest it would be a fitting tribute to Phil if maybe someone gathered together all of the cartoons from over the years and placed them in a separate folder on the website so they remained for all to view ..... both new and old members.

Cheers Paul.
Yvonne
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Post by Yvonne »

Very sorry to hear this. We never met in person but had several lovely conversations over the phone - mostly cartoon related but occasionally football! He was a rare talent and there is a big hole in the mag where his wonderful artwork once lived.
Mark Aldridge
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Mark Aldridge »

Very sad and we are lucky enough to have Phil's wonderful cartoons to remind us all of him for many years to come.

RIP Phil & condolences to his friends & family.
Mark Aldridge
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by George Love »

Sad news, indeed, on Phil's passing.
His contribution to the fleet with his well crafted cartoons is very special and his prodigious talent graced the pages of of our class magazine for many years and made it truly unique amongst other class association publications.
When one was the subject of one of his cartoons, you knew you'd 'arrived' in the fleet.
Just for info. In 2013 I put together a collection of Phil's artworks and published them in a book which is still available. Here's the link:
https://www.blurb.co.uk/bookstore/invit ... 20_24-body
Since then, I have added to the collection with the ones he produced since that date and I have them all in digital form. There are just shy of 180.
When I was producing the magazine for some ten years, it was always a delight to engage with Phil on content and the antics of members and the new crop of artwork was eagerly awaited by all the readers. What a superb legacy Phil has left us.
George Love : Fly-by-Wire : 2019