The UK Dart 15 Association

Nationals 2007

Dart 15 Chat
Chris
Warrant Officer (Class One)
Warrant Officer (Class One)

Nationals 2007

Post by Chris »

Many thanks to the Association from all at Shanklin Sailing Club for a cracking week, especially Bob, Nick and all the committee.

Have put a few pictures on the Shanklin web site, enjoy :oops: :oops: :oops:

Chris
Elliott
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Elliott »

Excellent pics, keep 'em coming.

Elliott
Oldest Spark in the fleet??
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Good pictures - well done.
Cheers
Bob
PS pity about the picture of the traitor (see picture # 60)

PPS At least we did not see you all in the demob issue rugby shirts this year!!
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Nick Champion attended our event on Friday and took pictures of the sailing. He will be contacting the sailors shortly to offer you the option to buy any good shots which take your fancy. Sadly it was the least windy day but hopefully some of you will buy some shots to cover his costs and keep him supporting our Class.
Cheers
Bob
PS He came from the Laser Nationals at Weymouth over Thursday night & then returned home to Whitstable on Friday night.
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

I see our report has now been posted on the Y&Y website. A longer version will appear on this website shortly. :lol:
Martin Searle
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Martin Searle »

Bob Carter wrote:I see our report has now been posted on the Y&Y website. A longer version will appear on this website shortly. :lol:
The longer version is now posted on the site. I'll have to find some time to do the results tables etc but I need to catch up with work first so it maybe a few days.

Martin S.
Ex Sprint 15 Webmaster
Ex Seasalter SC Webmaster
RYA Regional Race Officer (South East Region) (Expired)
RYA Club Race Coach (Expired)
RYA Dinghy Sailing Instructor (Expired)
George Stephen
Captain
Captain

Nationals Report gives Gordon too much credit!!!!

Post by George Stephen »

In the last race, it was the Queen Mary pairing of George Stephen and Stewart Pegum that worked up through the front of the fleet to take 3rd and 4th. Gordon was well back in 12th!!

Stewart had been among the leaders on the first lap before dropping back a little and then working his way back up - which I thought was great. For some of the 3rd and most of the last lap I thought he was going to catch me - but I managed to hold him off to pick up the 3rd and 4th places for Queen Mary in the right order!!

I think Stewart will do much better in future than his first showing, and be a competitive addition to the fleet - those wanting to win the "Most Improved" Trophy next year had better watch out!!

I know the Class Association finances have continued to prosper under Gordon's Treasurership, highly creditable but surely not to the extent of crediting him with a 4th place when he was 12th......
George 1594
Martin Searle
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Nationals Report gives Gordon too much credit!!!!

Post by Martin Searle »

George Stephen wrote:In the last race, it was the Queen Mary pairing of George Stephen and Stewart Pegum that worked up through the front of the fleet to take 3rd and 4th. Gordon was well back in 12th!!
I have corrected the article on the site, it was a mistake in the write up I received, looking at the results table it does have the right order there.

Martin S.
Ex Sprint 15 Webmaster
Ex Seasalter SC Webmaster
RYA Regional Race Officer (South East Region) (Expired)
RYA Club Race Coach (Expired)
RYA Dinghy Sailing Instructor (Expired)
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

Bob Carter wrote:Good pictures - well done.
Cheers
Bob
PS pity about the picture of the traitor (see picture # 60)
There must be a bit of jiggery-pokery going on here. The head of the one one the right looks like a cut and paste job using photoshop to me. I wonder who it really is?
Robert England
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Hi Robert,
Picture #60 looks like a nasty piece of work to me!
Cheers
Bob
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

Bob Carter wrote:Hi Robert,
Picture #60 looks like a nasty piece of work to me!
Cheers
Bob
Hi Bob

I think they are both very nice chaps. I'm just not quite so sure about this combination, though.
Robert England
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Nationals Report gives Gordon too much credit!!!!

Post by Bob Carter »

[quote="George Stephen"]In the last race, it was the Queen Mary pairing of George Stephen and Stewart Pegum that worked up through the front of the fleet to take 3rd and 4th. Gordon was well back in 12th!!

Yes it was my fault. I had a brain fade while doing the report on the basis that Stewart is sailing Gordon's old boat.

I'll correct the version I sent to Y&Y and to our magazine editor.

Doing the report in such a way that it is accurate and interesting is a bit of a chore. I'll keep you in mind for 2008

Cheers

Bob
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Nationals Report

Post by Robert »

Nice one Bob!

I reckon you deserve a medal for getting the report out so quickly and in a very intelligible form.

George

Thanks for looking after my shoes on the car park. I tried driving over them, but they still came back to me!
Robert England
George Stephen
Captain
Captain

Report; and Shoes

Post by George Stephen »

Bob,

Nice report, and I can understand you reading 1918 as Gordon - I had to think twice on the water before I got my finger out to overtake the upstart Stewart! And it wasn't easy, neither was keeping in front of him - I thought at one stage he'd pushed me almost to catching Steve Sawford, but Steve got a good gust that took him away again.

Actually, there was a lot of position changing on both the beat and on the reaches/runs down to the gate in both races 6 & 7. It might have been light conditions, but the competivity was just as intense as it had been in races 1-5.

Robert,

The shoes looked of good quality, albeit well used, but with the appearance of being a comfortable fit for the owner and lots of life remaining. If you didn't want them, you can always find a shoe recycling bin!
George 1594
George Stephen
Captain
Captain

Nationals Report PS

Post by George Stephen »

Bob wrote :

"Yes it was my fault. I had a brain fade while doing the report on the basis that Stewart is sailing Gordon's old boat.
"Doing the report in such a way that it is accurate and interesting is a bit of a chore. I'll keep you in mind for 2008

"Cheers

"Bob"

I've always been too nackered after sailing to be able to put together a credible report! Perhaps having a dodgy heart had something to do with this - ECGs show I had some kind of heart attack before 2003, and I guess not earlier than June 2000!
I remembered that there were lots of position changes in races 6&7, because the conditions were light and I got a lift from getting a good result in the last race!
All that I can remember about races 1-5 (and 6!) is that I lost loads of places by choosing the wrong side of the beat far too often! Perhaps when I've run in the bionic additions to my heart I'll not get so tired.
I'd be pleased to provide info to help the compiler(s) of future reports, but if you were keeping me in mind for doing the 2008 report can you have another brain fade, PLEASE!
George 1594