The UK Dart 15 Association

Nationals 2007

Dart 15 Chat
alex955
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Post by alex955 »

Hey George,

Don't forget that training session at QM once your heart's run in - I promise to go easy on you if it's blowing, and this time to keep my dummy firmly between my teeth if it's light and flukey!

Perhaps on his current form Stewart can assist - you're only ever remembered for your last result Stewart so be sure to keep watching those tell tales - nice shirt too.... :roll:

Alex.

(A transcript of the above jargon wil be available at Carsington following several large drinks at the bar....)
Carl from Gurnard
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Post by Carl from Gurnard »

George
If you are not providing a Race Report for us, how about giving us a report of your little run-in with the police man on the M4.
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Shoes

Post by Robert »

You're right George, they are very comfortable and don't deserve to be treated so badly. They are now in use again and keeping me happy. Thanks again.

:wink:
Robert England
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Never mind about the shoes - let's hear about the police. That sounds much more interesting! :D
George Stephen
Captain
Captain

What run in with the Police?

Post by George Stephen »

There was an incident just before the eastbound contraflow on the M4, involving my trailer and a car. As stopping there would have created a huge hold up, we proceeded to the end of the contraflow and stopped at the first available hard shoulder. The policeman arrived shortly after. He was keen to ensure we concluded our business, and that we got out of the exposed position without unnecessary delay.

Sorry that it wasn't anything exciting.
George 1594
George Stephen
Captain
Captain

Queen Mary Training Session et al

Post by George Stephen »

Alex,

I haven't forgotten Gordon and my intention to have a "go better" session for you, Stewart, and any other Queen Mary Sprint 15ers who want it! While Stewart got a really good result in the last race, I think he needs a bit more guidance before he's ready to advise others! I'll get together with Gordon, and we'll email you all directly (not advisable to give email addresses on open websites, cos you get lots of spam....) about possible dates/times. Bear in mind that Gordon and Sally have ailing parents and my health (not only my heart!) is dodgy, but I hope we don't have to cancel an arranged date at short notice....

I turned up on Sunday at Queen Mary, as did Gordon and Ian Curd, and a guy called Ant(h?)ony who sails a Dart 16 single handed - I had never seen him before but Gordon knew him well. There were no other Fast Handicap boats - I think the dinghy and keelboat sailors have heard I'm back and giving no quarter! So I picked up 2 wins (over the water, not just on Handicap) to clinch the August Fast Handicap Series - just as well as the wind forecast for Sunday (and Bank Holiday Monday) is marginally better than dire for cats vs dinghies, but improving.

The current forecast for Wednesday Evening is better - 13 kn - so I expect to sail then, and try to beat all the hot sailors who've been having it easy while I wasn't sailing! But I fear the breeze will still be too light for me to beat the RS700s and Musto Skiffs - I don't think they'll have reached their fully powered up level while I'll still be well short of mine..... I'm going to try sailing using the right arm to steer and the left arm to play the Main and Traveller on both Port and Starboard (ie the wrong way round on Starboard) to give my painful shoulder a chance to recover - I can't use my usual solution of Ibuprofen for its anti-inflammatory (mainly) and pain-killing effects as Ibuprofen interferes with the drugs I take for my heart. As the medical advice I've been given suggests that there ain't no other option, I figure that the sooner I learn to sail this way the better!

I hope to go to Carsington (it'll be my usual last minute decision). If it's a lot warmer, and not too wet and windy, I may camp at the Knockerdown Inn, if it's like it is now I'll find a Bed.....
George 1594
Gordon
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Nationals Report gives Gordon too much credit!!!!

Post by Gordon »

Bob

Thanks for bumping me up the fleet, but I think Stewart should really get the credit as he did the sailing.

But I'm not so sure about George doing the write-up for next year, we'd have to increase the size of the magazine to about 500 pages to get it all in!
I'm not sure we can afford it !

Regards
Gordon