The UK Dart 15 Association

Nationals accommodation

Dart 15 Chat
Chris
Warrant Officer (Class One)
Warrant Officer (Class One)

Nationals accommodation

Post by Chris »

Does anyone know of any self catering accommodation near to TBYC. The only one we have found so far is singles only, OK for Ervin!!!!

Chris
Shanklin
Martin Searle
Admiral
Admiral

Thorpe Bay Accomodation Lists

Post by Martin Searle »

Chris,

Howard sent me an updated accomodation list which can be viewed if you goto either thorpe bays info on the clubs page or goto the nationals event page you will see it. Don't know if any of these fits your requirements though.

Martin S.
Ex Sprint 15 Webmaster
Ex Seasalter SC Webmaster
RYA Regional Race Officer (South East Region) (Expired)
RYA Club Race Coach (Expired)
RYA Dinghy Sailing Instructor (Expired)
Andrew Hannah
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Andrew Hannah »

Thank you Martin Searle and Howard Hawkes. The accommodation list on the TBYC clubs link is greatly enhanced.

Now that 2008 is upon us, the landladies with curlers and aprons will have got their new diaries, and are ready to take bookings.

Andrew.
Fading star of the Thorpe Bay fleet
Former rugby player in the extra-B
Struggling musician
Second best cabbage in the village show...
cedric
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by cedric »

I am obviously being thick but I can’t find the accommodation section on the TBYC site, where is it?
Martin Searle
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Martin Searle »

cedric wrote:I am obviously being thick but I can’t find the accommodation section on the TBYC site, where is it?
Cedric,

The accomodation links Andrew mentions can be found on the events' page on this website:

http://www.sprint15.com/events/EMS/event.php?id=28

If you scroll down to the bottom they are there.

Hope that helps,

Martin S.
Ex Sprint 15 Webmaster
cedric
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by cedric »

Thanks
Charles
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Charles »

Ray & Liz were telling me that accommodation is going fast due to the V Festival on the same weekend.

How far away is the festival, i.e. is it going to impact our (relatively) peaceful passtime both for noise & accommodation?

I'm hoping to camp as we did at the TT event last season, will this be possible / sensible in the car park next to the boat park given it will be height of season?
Charles
1942, Ingrid
Halifax SWC
God does not deduct from our allotted life span the time spent sailing (or talking, texting, reading, posting to websites & emailing about it)
Andrew Hannah
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Andrew Hannah »

I've never heard of a V Festival, (Victory?)

Anyhow, it is advisable to book your accommodation early. Southend, and especially Thorpe Bay, are largely residential. It is not the holiday destination that it once was!

The good news for campers is that we have successfully negotiated with Southend Borough Council to use the greensward adjacent to the boat park. Permission has been given for campervans, caravans and tents.
Struggling musician
Gordon
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post by Gordon »

Andrew,

That's great news about the camping, can I please reserve a place?
Or is first come gets it?

Regards
Gordon
Charles
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Charles »

Andrew, likewise a tent spot for me too for the nights of the 15th to the 17th, or let me know who to email. Thanks
Charles
1942, Ingrid
Halifax SWC
God does not deduct from our allotted life span the time spent sailing (or talking, texting, reading, posting to websites & emailing about it)
Martin Searle
Admiral
Admiral

Camping and Internet access at Thorpe Bay

Post by Martin Searle »

Andrew or anyone from Thorpe Bay,

That'll be a me too nearer the time, I don't normally do that sort of thing until much later! But since I'm going I may as well get the booking in :lol:

Looking at the map it looks faster too sail over rather than drive the 70 odd miles, how long do you take to cruise too Whitstable? I'm sure the seasalter crowd can work out the logistics of the problem (ie personal kit getting there dry (and my laptop with all the website on if necessary see below!)).

Btw does the club have access too or is located near an internet access point (ie internet cafe, pub with wireless)? since the scoring will probably be done by my new nationals scoring system which just requires a web browser too operate with ideally internet but I can set it up standalone if necessary.

Martin S.
Ex Sprint 15 Webmaster
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

Me too for camping. I trust there are loos available - if not I'll bring a bucket.
Robert England
Steven Tunnacliffe
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

V festival

Post by Steven Tunnacliffe »

Hello guys

just been reserching the V Festival, I think I have found the dates and venues for said thrash, they are as follows.

Weston Park, Shifnal, Staffordshire
Hylands Park, Chelmsford, Essex...

Does this affect the Nationals, we dont want people who would be up until the early hours of the morning drinking beer and talking rubbish outside the tents that the 15'ers are camping in do we...!

Hee Hee......the Star filled nights of Derbyshire in September :twisted:

Andrew put me down for 1 tent and parking for two cats and a trailer please for the nights of the 15th to the 17th.
Steve

1959 Forever Young
Andrew Hannah
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Clarification

Post by Andrew Hannah »

Chelmsford is mid Essex, 15-20 miles north-west of Thorpe Bay. Presumably the revellers will try to grab accommodation wherever they can, even as far away as Southend-on-sea. So, my advice is to book your accommodation before any other group does.

As regards the adjacent field to our boat park, that should not be a problem. The field is a council car park which is partly let to TBYC. We have sought and gained council permission for temporary change of use for campers, tents etc. We have a good relationship with nearby residents, many of whom are members of TBYC. I will keep them advised.

Whilst they are happy to condone a championship such as ours, they would never agree to a camp site for a drunken, vomiting, rowdy bunch of drug adicts. I'm sure the council would never agree, either.

The club has changing rooms, showers and toilets for both men and women. The men's facilities are being upgraded and will be operational by Easter. So, you can expect first class facilities.
Struggling musician
George Stephen
Captain
Captain

Camping Bookings

Post by George Stephen »

Andrew,

Are we advised to book camping places in advance? Or do you reckon there is plenty of space on the splendid lawns fronting your Club?
George 1594