dry suit seals

Dart 15 Chat
darth vader
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

dry suit seals

Post by darth vader »

this is the best site for this kind of info

is it easy to replace seals on a drysuit of is it best to send it away to be done
any one had any experiance of this
Steve Willis
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Drysuit Advice

Post by Steve Willis »

If you search the forum using the above heading you should find a series of responses to the same question from August 24th last year - on page 4 at present.

I have done mine twice in 11 years, bit fiddly but no problem. I thing it works out at about £35-£40 to do all five seals.

I had trouble finding the seals the second time but found dive shops sell them - check out internet shops (there are a couple of sizes so you need to choose based on your existing ones and you will need to cut the neck around one of a series of rings to get it so it goes over your head but still seals at the neck comfortably :oops: :shock:

Now is the time to do it!!! :idea:

Best wishes

Steve
Steve Willis
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Stormsure

Post by Steve Willis »

Just remembered last autumn I bought some wet suit flexible repair filler and iron on seal tape for dry suit seals from Robert Altham at Stormsure.com

He does all that sort of thing by internet shop - Robert was very helpful in replying to e-mails. His price come to a bit more than I paid several years ago - check his web site.

Hope that is of use
darth vader
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Post by darth vader »

cheers I'll give it a go