Pentewan Parking

Dart 15 Chat
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Pentewan Parking

Post by Robert »

Happy New Year everyone :)

I guess that most people attending the Nationals at Pentewan might be booking accommodation at the adjacent caravan/camping site. Does anyone know what the daily car parking situation at Pentewan might be (near to the sailing club) for anyone staying further away?
Robert England
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

There is usually parking down the side of the sailing club and down towards the beach. It is a bit hard to say how it will be next year as I think they are developing the sailing club area.
It's probably one for Erling to sound out the Pentewan Club on.
Cheers
Bob
PS The campsite charges non campers for day parking but it is a long way from where the boats will be.
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

Cheers Bob
Robert England
Mike_Ward
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

PSSC Parking

Post by Mike_Ward »

There will be plenty of parking on site with access via the village car park (no charge)
Mike Ward
SailingSecretary
Pentewan Sands Sailing Club
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

Thanks Mike, that's encouraging. It's also good to see some information about the racing schedule on this website. Have any preliminary decisions been taken about the Fun Events yet (just an indication would be interesting) :?:
Or should I wait patiently for the next edition of Newsprint - no pressure George :) ?
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by George Love »

All the info. on the fun events is in the next mag. due out in about 3 weeks. For those who just can't wait, I can tell you that there will be a crews race, go-karting, cruising jaunts with lunch stops thrown in (non sailors can go by road and meet up for lunch) plus a host of other possibilities from games on the beach, treasure hunts, fishing trips, to water ski-ing (must bring my old mono-ski!) and anything else you can think of. Will that be OK for starters?
The latest mag. includes all the info. NOR's and Enrty forms for both Instow and Pentewan
See you there, before and in between.
George Love : Fly-by-Wire : 2019
Charles
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Charles »

So we're expecting wind then, I've not ski'd off the back of a Sprint yet! :wink:

Not sure how much of the cruising we will be doing, want to keep the whole family happy (Sue's not keen on getting-wet sailing!), but if it's a nice day we might all decide to go, so we'll be tail-end charlie as a Sprint isn't too speedy 4-up!
Charles
1942, Ingrid
Halifax SWC
God does not deduct from our allotted life span the time spent sailing (or talking, texting, reading, posting to websites & emailing about it)