The UK Dart 15 Association

Brian Phipps training weekend Shanlin

Dart 15 Chat
BobBaker
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Brian Phipps training weekend Shanlin

Post by BobBaker »

Many thanks to Brian for another excellent coaching weekend. We were fortunate to have reasonable weather and wind until mid-afternoon, which allowed us to come in and rest! Good sessions on the water - mark rounding, tacking, gybing, transits, starting, approaching windward and leeward marks, racing ; and off the water looking at video of our efforts and teaching the ideals of the above. Ray Gall was a welcome visitor and has been subjected to the usual verbal banter, especially as he borrowed Erlings boat. Dangerous times for Ray on the water keeping out of harms way, only for Brian to see how much he could bend Erlings mast and strech his sail ( all in the interests of teaching). Everyone was completely shattered Sunday evening. Very much recommended to all!!
Erling
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Erling »

First race after Brians training and Simon that did the training comes first I didn't and came fifth. Last week I was first and Simon was fifth, so maybe next time I will do the training.
Brian Phipps
Commodore
Commodore

shanklin training

Post by Brian Phipps »

Erling , the great news about the Shanklin training is it would of been of beifit to you, myself or anyone else.
Structured training is the most effective way of developing your own building blocks that you take into your racing, something you cannot do on the race course.
So may be next year you and I will get on the water and Simon can run the sesions!
cheers
Brian
Chris
Warrant Officer (Class One)
Warrant Officer (Class One)

Good Idea

Post by Chris »

Hey that sounds like a good idea, as long as I don't have to drive the safety boat 25 miles to Shanklin with Stuart giving me grief all the way.
Let Simon do the work and we will learn something.

Thanks again Brian

Chris