The UK Dart 15 Association

Pentewan Nationals

Dart 15 Chat
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Pentewan Nationals

Post by Robert »

Thank you Erling for organising an excellent Nationals event this year - it was just brilliant :D :D :D

Pentewan Sands Sailing Club really rocks! 8)

Mike Ward is a BRILLIANT RACE OFFICER :!: :!: :!:

I really appreciate all the hard work put in by the members and volunteers at the club in order that we could enjoy such a fantastic event. (No Emoticons will suffice here)

Robert
Robert England
Robin Newbold
Warrant Officer (Class One)
Warrant Officer (Class One)

Post by Robin Newbold »

The organisation was great. Wind conditions varied to suit everyone at some point. Courses that were set by Mike were spot on.

Thanks to (can't include everyone, not enough space): people on the gates when we arrived to arrange our boats into the boat park, safety crew keeping an eye on us all, the volunteers that were staying in a caravan in the boat park, owner of Blue Monday to donate the boat for 3 days with the crew that sailed it to and from Fowey everyday. Canteen ladies for providing breakfast, lunch & dinner everyday, I think they must have been in the kitchen for at least 14 hours a day.

Erling did a great job at his first attempt at events secretary for the nationals, though he was soon to realise there's a lot of work to be done behind the scenes off the water. On Saturday, I walked into the clubhouse at about 5pm, and he had been sat there taking entries since 8am, having travelled through the night from Isle of Wight to get there.

Martin did a great job getting results on the internet as soon as he received them from the race officer. Even when he didn't have internet connection, a quick walk around the village solved that problem.

Hopefully will see you all at Carsington next month, or maybe Grafham in October.
Andrew Hannah
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Andrew Hannah »

For me, everything hinged on Mike Ward. First, he joined the Sprint 15 website, so as to answer any questions we had.

I also agree the courses were fanatstic. How did Mike make the tight reaches spot-on? From his position on the committee boat, it is often difficult to get the angles exactly right. Try it for yourself sometime, and see how difficult it is!

PSSC have a wonderful team spirit where everyone mucks in. eg the people who waited at the dinner were the same as those who helped push my boat up the beach. Pat Wood was my host at the B&B, but she was also on the rescue boat!

Thank you Pentewan for a memorable stay.
Fading star of the Thorpe Bay fleet
Former rugby player in the extra-B
Struggling musician
Second best cabbage in the village show...
Martin Searle
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Martin Searle »

Robin Newbold wrote:The organisation was great. Wind conditions varied to suit everyone at some point. Courses that were set by Mike were spot on.

<snip>
Martin did a great job getting results on the internet as soon as he received them from the race officer. Even when he didn't have internet connection, a quick walk around the village solved that problem.
<snip>
I completely agree about the club and the folks that helped out during the event. A good fun event. Although driving down pentewan hill (pesky sat nav) which is a good 1 in 5 and very narrow was a bit frightening,esp. with a boat on a trailer.

I seemed to go straight into having a holiday and had a nice jolly sail around the cans on days 1 & 2 occasionally going a little bit faster, just couldn't get the competitive juices flowing.

Finding that 'free' internet connection in the village was intriguing. Erling and I got some funny looks sitting on a bench in the square with a computer reading numbers out. One lady even walked around the square a comple of times staring. Weird how it started to drop out shortly after :?

Loved the go-karting but Team Seasalter (all 4 of us!) got knocked out after the first 3 races :roll:, wanted to try that longest zip line in europe they had there.

The cruise was good fun and the tricky entry into Gorran Haven harbour was interesting.

So a nice place to sail,

Martin S.
Ex Sprint 15 Webmaster
Ex Seasalter SC Webmaster
RYA Regional Race Officer (South East Region) (Expired)
RYA Club Race Coach (Expired)
RYA Dinghy Sailing Instructor (Expired)
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

An abreviated report by Keith Newnham is now on the Y&Y website at:

http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/?article=148403

A fuller report will appear on this website anytime :lol:
Mike_Ward
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Photos

Post by Mike_Ward »

Follow the link for photos of the event.

http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/thumbnailsha ... broadband/
Mike Ward
SailingSecretary
Pentewan Sands Sailing Club
Mike_Ward
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Lost Property

Post by Mike_Ward »

Left in the clubhouse after the event a henri lloyd basball cap and a grey trespass jacket. Please contact me to arrange return.

Also left in the club was a selection of beer despite Beaver promising to 'sup us dry'
Mike Ward
SailingSecretary
Pentewan Sands Sailing Club
Charles
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Charles »

Excellent Mike, I'm glad our sail config & stripes were easy to spot in that huge album! Some really great action shots too.
Charles
1942, Ingrid
Halifax SWC
God does not deduct from our allotted life span the time spent sailing (or talking, texting, reading, posting to websites & emailing about it)