The UK Dart 15 Association

Carsington Winter TT 5 Dec. 09

Dart 15 Chat
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by George Love »

A big thank you to all those who came to Carsington today and were rewarded with near perfect conditions. My dearly beloved, Pauline, was on the water with camera and has taken around 250 pics. - so, if you were there, there is at least one good shot of you!! If anyone would like a few snaps as a memento, send me an e-mail (newsletter@sprint15.com)and it shall be done. May I suggest you include your postal address in case I decide to mail you a CD via snail mail rather than an e-mail with attachments. There is no charge - it's all part of the service when you visit CSC.
Thanks again guys - it was a real blast! By the way, I just stopped briefly in the second race to clean some dirt off my sails. :roll:
Commiserations :cry: to the boys from Draycote from team Carsington :D . You've got it all to do when it's your home match! Just sorry I can't make it but the CSC A-team will be flying the flag :P .
George Love : Fly-by-Wire : 2019
Derek James
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Carsington SC - Technical developments

Post by Derek James »

Team Carsington , thanks for organising a very enjoyable and interesting event . The " inverted P " course ( potentially very messy ) was very challenging for the boys from Draycote but we managed to work it out :!:
Not only have the boys from Carsington SC developed the technically advanced DX sail but they have also taken sprinting to a whole new level .
George ( Fly by wire ) Love has single handed taken the very latest aeronautical technology " fly by wire " and developed it into " Wireless technology " :lol:
Clearly some further development is required as George lost his wireless connection and decided to take a dive to wash his sails :cry:
I look forward to the next event at Draycote and the latest technical developments from CSC . What is the score :?:
Cheers
Derek.
Derek ( Dray cat ) Sprint 1744
George Love
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by George Love »

:lol: lol :lol:
By my reckoning, Derek, the score is 3-1 to CSC, but I'm sure the official recorder, one Ray Gall 8) , will be confirming this shortly from his totally unbiased standpoint.
The wireless technology should be considered as 'work in progress' with the inevitable hiccups that such ground breaking developments will bring but should not deter us from pushing the boundaries in the quest for the ultimate prize :!:
George Love : Fly-by-Wire : 2019
ray.gall
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ray.gall »

A really BIG thanks to all the travellers who came to Carsington and a special thought for Peter Lea who retired injured during the first race, hope you are feeling better?
We missed our northern friends Beaver / Halifax who apparently are finding the cold of the winter too much, I heard on the grapevine that they have migrated to the comfort of their lounge complete with rocking chair, pipe & slippers :oops:
:lol: Lol Lol Lol Lol :lol:
Apologies to team Draycote for psyching you out at the briefing us northern numpty’s didn’t mean to bamboozle you with a “P” & inverted “P” course, we will forward in good time a dot to dot course diagram next year so that it doesn’t distract from your ambitions to thrash the pants off team Carsington :P .
George, Robert, Robin & Chris, Team Orders:- we must be magnanimous in our inter club challenge win, no gloating, mick taking or excessive YaHooooooing!
Forget the last instruction, fill your boots and enjoy the moment I’m sure Derek, Ed & Peter will planning our downfall January 9th. :D
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Nice report Ray but has a selective dyslexia set in? I was sure that this is the second Winter TT meeting and Carsington got thumped by Draycote Water in the inter-club contest at Stewartby. Now I read this report it is as though the first match did not count.
I am keen to hear the Draycote view. Are there any other winter matches which won't count in the eyes of team Carsington or won't we know until the result is known :wink:
I thought someone was going to document the rules ahead of time this year!
Cheers
Bob

PS I was pleased to see my last boat (2002) joined the fray. I hope that the knock on the head does not put Peter off future outings.
Last edited by Bob Carter on Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek James
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post by Derek James »

Bob , as ever you are the voice of reason ! Congratulations to CSC who on balance probably took the first round of the interclub challenge but lets not forget that Steve , Stuart and Robin took the first 3 places at Carsington - well done lads and that Steve , Stuart , Erling , Ed and Pete currently hold the top 5 places in the Winter TT series :!: Well done lads and watch out for Ed and Pete at Draycote in Jan 10 . Local knowledge and a special course ( Yet to be determined ) will have the boys from Carsington scratching their heads .
See you all in Jan 10 - hopefully last years fog & ice won't put travellers off . The frozen fruit chat line was a classic :lol:
Leapy
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Post by Leapy »

Hi all

As my first outing I was disappointed and embarrssed not to have competed? -more- A gust of wind caught me out as I am still gaining experience and another gust when righting threw me off the hull and the other hull landed on my forehead- a rather painful experience!
Head is still sore but egg has shrunk!
Shows that I was trying!!!!
Always sailing into the sunset
ray.gall
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ray.gall »

Draycoyte playing mind games already, Whats happening January 10th Derek :?:

Ah! the rules, I thought after last years home and away fixture (the royal WE) determined a draw :idea:

I shall review last years results with Martin and inform you of the Carsington board determination as to whether or not we count Stewartby in the Inter Club challenge 2009/10 :roll:
Derek James
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post by Derek James »

Firstly Peter ( Leapy ) I am pleased to hear that your egg has shrunk but sorry that your head is still sore . I hope this incident hasn't put you off and that you can make it to Draycote in Jan 10 . We welcome all food types including Eggs and soft fruit onto the water :!:
Secondly Ray , the only rule that matters in the inter club challenge is there are no rules ( Well not written down anyway ) As for mind games don't know what you mean BUT Ed & Pete are currently 4th and 5th overall :lol:
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Derek James wrote:Firstly Peter ( Leapy ) I am pleased to hear that your egg has shrunk but sorry that your head is still sore . I hope this incident hasn't put you off and that you can make it to Draycote in Jan 10 . We welcome all food types including Eggs and soft fruit onto the water :!:
Secondly Ray , the only rule that matters in the inter club challenge is there are no rules ( Well not written down anyway ) As for mind games don't know what you mean BUT Ed & Pete are currently 4th and 5th overall :lol:
Derek
I reckon you need to be thinking about 9 Jan or you will be a day late :lol:
Cheers
Bob
PS I'm still confused about if Stewartby counts :?
Bryn Williams
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Great wind

Post by Bryn Williams »

Hi Guys,

I came over to watch the first race last Sunday with my Kids and it appeared to be perfect conditions and it was nice how close one of the buoys actually wast to shore, for the spectators too.
:D
See you after my DrySuit Arrives in December.

Cheers
Bryn Williams

Sonic Boom

Sail: 1300
Robin Newbold
Warrant Officer (Class One)
Warrant Officer (Class One)

Post by Robin Newbold »

Bryn, I'll be around for the Boxing Day pursuit race, and as Christmas is on a Friday I might do the Sun 27th as well and maybe the 20th, if I'm feeling enthusiastic. Are we going to have 6 out on one of these days if Robert comes too?
Bryn Williams
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Bryn Williams »

Cannot believe it but I am the big '4' '0' on the 27th and it will involve an evening of a few quiet drinks with a number of Derbyshire & local friends back in Wales.

Ref: Dry Suits
I have decided to 'keep strong' and use my Xmas/Birthday money in the Sales (being a Capricorn) I am interested to grab a bargain and buy the best Dry Suit Bargain Welsh Money can buy.

Will definitely pop down on the boxing day pursuit with my family though as I am not prepared to freeze 'everything' by only wearing my 3mm wetsuit.

Happy Holidays.
Bryn Williams

Sonic Boom

Sail: 1300
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

Robin Newbold wrote:Bryn, I'll be around for the Boxing Day pursuit race, and as Christmas is on a Friday I might do the Sun 27th as well and maybe the 20th, if I'm feeling enthusiastic. Are we going to have 6 out on one of these days if Robert comes too?
Hmm.. I'll have to see which way the wind is blowing - are these sprinting occasions? How about Leapy too?
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

Bob Carter wrote:PS I'm still confused about if Stewartby counts :?
You're so hard hearted Bob. I can barely beat ONE of the Draycote lot at a time - let alone all three!