The UK Dart 15 Association

Sprint 15 Training 10/11 April at Stewartby

Dart 15 Chat
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Sprint 15 Training 10/11 April at Stewartby

Post by Bob Carter »

We still have several places available at the training session with Brian Phipps at Stewartby on 10/11 April.
The cost for attending this course is £105 for non Stewartby club members. You have to be a member of the Sprint 15 Association to take part.
To secure a place on this course please send a deposit of £50 (cheques made payable to "Sprint 15 Association") to Bob Carter, 13 The Brambles, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 4AU
Cheers
Bob
Erling
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Erling »

I am surprised that more people have not entered the training, last year Ray did a 500 mile plus trip to Shanklin to do the same training that most members must live inside 100 miles of stewartby?
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

10 - 11 April Training at Stewartby

The training at Stewartby is set to kick off at 10am on Saturday so your boat needs to be together with the sails ready to hoist by 10am. The Club will be open from 8.30am which should give you a chance to put your boat together.

Mark Norman has kindly agreed to be the local coordinator. Please pay Mark the balance of your tuition fee.

The program runs with on and off water activity.
Off the water:- a series of session briefings, dry-land exercises / demonstrations and debriefs.
On the water:- a series of exercises building towards a race program, on water video work and tuning.
End of day session on Saturday could be a boat maintenance workshop, covering rudder servicing, standing and running rigging inspection, gelcoat work, part replacement and boat care etc

For accommodation for the travelers you can camp (or sleep in your car at the Club) or book into a local B&B. there is a list of these below. Meals/ refreshments will be available at the club both days. The course will run until about 6pm on Saturday and Saturday evening is free. For Saturday evening meal I suggest that the travelers get a pub meal somewhere nearby. The locals can advise you when you are there.
On Sunday the course will end a little earlier to facilitate travel home.

If you want to bring your boat up Friday night the club can be opened by special request but please call Mark to organize this on 07867 506685

* meals are not included in the cost of the course so bring some cash.

Accommodation Options

Travelodge
A421 Beancroft Road Junction
Marston Moretaine
Bedfordshire
MK43 0PZ*
Tel: *0871 984 6011

Premier travel Inn
Priory Country Park, Barkers Lane, Bedford,
Bedfordshire MK41 9DJ
T: 08701 977030

Holiday Inn A6 Bedford
Hotel Front Desk: 01234-224100

House Beautiful, Clophill
Mrs. Ruth Oliphant on 01525 860517
housebeautiful@me.com

White Cottage Marston
http://www.laterooms.com/en/p1301/pv565 ... eynes.aspx

The Granary Brogborough Hill
http://www.laterooms.com/en/p1301/pv565 ... eynes.aspx

Twin Lodge
Paula and Jonathan Willsmore
177 Lower Shelton Road
Lower Shelton
Bedfordshire
MK43 0LP
01234 767597
Last edited by Bob Carter on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

There are still a couple of places available on this course if you are quick :wink:
Cheers
Bob
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Looks like a nice warm weekend is in store for the training course.
The wind forecast looks light for Saturday morning but improving in the afternoon and ideal on Sunday. :D
Cheers
Bob

http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=72271
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

It was a nice day today for the training. Those that took part might be interested in the pictures I took. Sorry I did not catch the capsizes :wink:
They are loaded in the gallery under 2010.
Cheers
Bob
Leapy
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Post by Leapy »

Thanks for the hospitality from Stewartby and the food was delicious

Thanks for the training Brian-I've learned lots-especially that I need to be fitter!!

And thanks to all who let me get the wooden spoon-sorry Bob!
Always sailing into the sunset
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Sprint 15 Training at Stewartby
5 travellers joined 5 locals at Stewartby for the first of 2 training courses that the Sprint 15 Association ran using Brian Phipps of Windsport as the coach. Mark Norman was the Stewartby coordinator and he organised a pleasant weekend with some sun and enough wind for the occasional capsize. The ability range of the participants ranged from those who had just bought a Sprint 15 to some old hands who wanted to sharpen up their technique. All participants felt that they had got a lot out of the course so we would like to thank Brian Phipps for taking the time to do this for the Association. A fuller report will be included in the next issue of NewSprint.
Participants: Mark Norman, Karl Pountney, Robin Hall, Jon Finch, Robert Finch (all Stewartby), Kevin Dowley (Marconi), Gary Burrows (Thorpe Bay), Phil Warner (Draycote), Simon Rowell (Felixstowe Ferry), Peter Lea (no fixed abode)
Mark
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Mark »

I haven't forgotten the DVD's been rather busy sorry! Will crack on this week for those that have emailed me and requested.
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Here is our Y&Y report - just to keep our profile high :wink:
Cheers
Bob

http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/?article=151986