The UK Dart 15 Association

Queen Mary TT

Dart 15 Chat
Erling
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Queen Mary TT

Post by Erling »

Gordon I hope your not going to be like Ray and let me get to the club before you on the 19th?
Gordon
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Re: Queen Mary TT

Post by Gordon »

Erling, unless you're camping outside the gate, I intend to be there before you,
and, hopefully I can keep that going all the way to the finish line!

FYI. The NOR and SI's have been posted on the Queen Mary SC at the link below.
I'm sure they'll be on our website soon, with Martin's help.

http://www.queenmary.org.uk/events-schedule.aspx

Regards
Gordon
Martin Searle
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Martin Searle »

Gordon wrote:Erling, unless you're camping outside the gate, I intend to be there before you,

Regards
Gordon
Hi Gordon,

I have added the files to this website.

http://www.sprint15.com/events/EMS/event.php?id=71

Martin S.
Ex Sprint 15 Webmaster
Ex Seasalter SC Webmaster
RYA Regional Race Officer (South East Region) (Expired)
RYA Club Race Coach (Expired)
RYA Dinghy Sailing Instructor (Expired)
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Gordon wrote:Erling, unless you're camping outside the gate, I intend to be there before you,

Regards
Gordon
Sounds like fighting talk to me :D

Cheers
Bob
PS Quite novel showing the course on the NOR and not on the SIs. I guess that there must be a reason :?
ray.gall
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ray.gall »

Erling / Gordon,
I think that Team Draycote might be early at the gate at QMSC :!:
Mind you based on the last two Winter TTs performances not likely to be early at the finish gate :lol:
I believe its TWO NIL to Carington in the Inter Club Challenge, still chance for Draycote to make a series draw.

YaHoo!
Mike Robertshaw
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Mike Robertshaw »

Can anyone tell me if the club will be open on Friday Night?
I was hoping to travel friday and be on time Saturday, (not promising to be on time at the start line) I didnt want to leave my boat on trailer outside my hotel.
I would hope to be tere about 8.00-8.30 ish
Regards,

Mike
George Stephen
Captain
Captain

Post by George Stephen »

Hi,

OPENING HOURS

Queen Mary SC Club Opening Times can be found at http://www.queenmary.org.uk/opening-times.aspx. This reveals that the gate is open between 900 and 1700 hrs in February - in practice the gate may be opened a bit earlier, but the internal "traffic stopper" system may not be manned until 900 - there are warning signs telling incomers to "call" from the post beside the hut on the right hand (driver's) side to ask for access. DO NOT TRY TO "TAILGATE" SOMEONE IMMEDIATELY AHEAD OF YOU - THE HYDRAULIC GATE WILL ROLL UP AND CATCH YOU - DAMAGE IS TO BE EXPECTED...... and everyone behind you will be delayed while the hydraulic gate is checked and lowered. If you get told to park in the lower car park to the right, tell the club staff member that you have come to the Sprint 15 Open Meeting and have a boat (or 2?) to drop off and make up in the boat park (up the hill). For those trailing, there is a triangular area to the left with room for all the likely number of visitors if you use the space reasonably economically. If you cartop, I suggest you go further into the boatpark and find a bit of grassed aisle between the boats on which to assemble, to avoid hull damage. Leave enough room for other cars and boats on trailers/trolleys to pass your car.

The limited space in the boat park and by the club house for parking is reflected in the Club Byelaws and SIs (all events) - excepting vehicles servicing the Club itself, vehicles for the disabled and vehicles temporarily parked while dropping off and making up boats, ALL vehicles are to be parked in the lower car park - there's a set of 66 steps up to the boat park and club house at the far end of the lower car park; I climb those steps (less in number than my years of age) every time I sail at QM, and console myself with the thought that I am nearer from my car to the water with my bag than I am at Grafham with my boat for the last of of the Summer TT series, and it's downhill rather than uphill after the event....... Competitors can be disqualified WITHOUT A HEARING if a vehicle belonging to or associated with them is left in the boat park.

I understand Mike's request, and I'll have a word with Gordon.

COURSES in NoR RATHER THAN in SI.

Bob seemed puzzled by this, and assumed there was a reason. The Club uses one standard set of SIs for all its "own" events, with ALL other details in the NoR; it may not seem in line with RRS, but it's been used for years and works well; as there's QMSC Members who are or have been National and even International ROs, Umpires etc, I'd be surprised if it wasn't "RRS legal". For Open Meetings it occasionally gets a bit tricky sorting everything out with Event Secretaries who have busy lives.
George 1594
Mike1683
Leading Rate
Leading Rate

Post by Mike1683 »

Quick question about sailing two up on Saturday as my son is keen to come along, but I see in the NOR / Entry Form that the formats are either Uni Rig or Sport but no two up option? I assume it's not going to be a big problem is it - especially considering just how competitive a sailor I am :lol:

Thanks
Mike1683
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

Unarig means also you can sail two up with jib (but no trapeze) as far as I know. PY 916 (ish), so no problem. As far as I can see, neither the Notice of Race nor the Sailing Instructions define whether it is for Una, Two-up or Sport so any of the three set-ups is OK. http://www.sprint15.com/events/EMS/prog ... es2=Summer states, Standard, Sport or Sting rigs and two-up I believe is "Standard" rig. Hang on, that's four set-ups isn't it, as Standard counts as Una or Two-up?
Robert England
Gordon
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post by Gordon »

Mike / Robert

There won't be any problem if you want to sail 2 up or , infact you'd be very welcome as we dont often see that at QM.

The wording was kept simple, but all formats are welcome.

Regards
Gordon
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

11 am sharp start needed tomorrow if Windguru is to be believed. Start whistling Gordon, or we might get another flat one! :o
Robert England
George Stephen
Captain
Captain

Post by George Stephen »

Met Office Forecast for Heathrow (3 miles to the north - http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... ather.html) and xcweather forecast (http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/TW15_1UA) are both more optimistic about the likely wind speed during the 2nd race.

But in case Windguru is right, everyone will need to launch quickly so that the 1st race can start on time with noone still far from the start line at the advertised start time.
George 1594
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

Dammit! Who won? :cry:
Robert England
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

George Stephen wrote: But in case Windguru is right, everyone will need to launch quickly so that the 1st race can start on time with noone still far from the start line at the advertised start time.
That worked well then George. :lol:
Robert England
Bob Carter
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Bob Carter »

Robert wrote:Dammit! Who won? :cry:
Erling won, George Stephen 2nd and Stuart Snell 3rd.
Cheers
Bob
PS A good day for the over 60s :wink: