The UK Dart 15 Association

The last of the Summer TT Series - Grafham 22-23 October

Dart 15 Chat
capella
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Re: The last of the Summer TT Series - Grafham 22-23 October

Post by capella »

Just found the results,pretty close racing,if you had the same breeze as down here i thought the sports would have done a bit better.
Link
http://grafham.dyndns.org/Gwsc_Results/ ... 202011.htm

Martin
Erling
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Erling »

Well done to Mark for not only winning the event but by the way you won. Between race 1 & 2 he came and helped me put my mast back up after it first came down risking missing the start of the second race ( though he didn't get me to use a new bit of string, so it broke again in the next race). Then just before the start of the first race on Sunday that he had to win he was seen to lower himself into the water to pass a shackle to another boat so they would not miss the racing. Its not the winning but the way you do it that counts.
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

capella wrote:Just found the results,pretty close racing,if you had the same breeze as down here i thought the sports would have done a bit better.
Link
http://grafham.dyndns.org/Gwsc_Results/ ... 202011.htm

Martin
Me too - sorry I couldn't oblige. Still shocked by my race 5 result (4th over line > 17th on handicap) :cry:
Robert England
Daren
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Daren »

Hi All,

Hope you enjoy these clips from Grafham filmed from a bridle wire camera on the front of Sprint 1642.
I was restricted to mid-field action, due to wind resistance on the camera you understand ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6QVgElYIzM&sns=em

The camera is easy to mount and films 2-3 races on one charge. Would be good to get one on someone further up the fleet though.

Is this class legal?

Daren Fitchew
Phil 1756
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Phil 1756 »

Fantastic Video Daren,

what camera make / model did you use?
Daren
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Daren »

Hi Phil,
It's a Kodak playsport zx5. I got it from amazon just over £100, they did a cheaper one called the zx3 I think the spec was similar not sure if still available. I put a 16gb card in it.

It is waterproof to 3m and I have had a few capsizes to test it.
It leaked on holiday when I took it snorkelling, amazon replaced it with no questions.
It's shaped like a mobile phone.

I just gaffer tape the camera where I want it and tie the lanyard to something.
To stop the camera getting covered in sticky tape I made a simple sleeve from thin (about 8mm thick) matting of the same material used for those rollout mats used in tents but you can use anything to keep the tape from going all over the camera body.

A one inch hole in the foam sleeve is required to be able to start the camera once taped in position.

I think a mount which allowed the camera to swing and stay vertical might make the one hull action more impressive but I have not tried that yet.

Let me know if you want any more info.
Robert
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Robert »

That's great stuff, Darren. Keep up the good work. Commiserations to George on being scissored by Nick and Paul between 3 and 4 in race two - just shows how the Sportsters need to work very hard to out-sail a Una Rig on a reach in a bit of wind. Must try harder! (guilty of this myself) :oops:
Robert England