Next up - Thorpe Bay TT - Sunday 12th February

Dart 15 Chat
Jenny Ball
Admiral
Admiral

Next up - Thorpe Bay TT - Sunday 12th February

Post by Jenny Ball »

Hi everyone

Next Winter TT is at Thorpe Bay on Sunday 12th February. As before, three back to back races planned, with a discard.
Briefing at 10:15am with the first race starting no earlier than 11am.

Apart from being a great venue in its own right - this is an ideal opportunity to scout out the host location for our National Champs in July.

And I have been reliably informed that they have booked some warmer weather, especially for us. But it is still the Winter so everything is relative.......

Chris - Events Boss
Jenny - Events Sidekick
moreair
Warrant Officer (Class Two)

Re: Next up - Thorpe Bay TT - Sunday 12th February

Post by moreair »

We are looking forward to seeing everybody in Thorpe Bay this Sunday.

If you are traveling Saturday there is no problem storing your boat in the grassed area next to the Dinghy Park, through the day the gate (which is accessed from the Seafront) will be left open but for the safety of your boats it will be locked in the evening. Turn right as you enter the Dinghy park and you will find your way to the grass area. If you are coming late Saturday then let me know and I will let you know the lock number. Plenty of places to stay and they are well listed on the Sprint clubs page http://www.sprint15.com/clubs/clubinfo.php?id=33 .

We warn everybody not to follow their GPS as it will take you on a tour. The quickest way is to enter Southend on the A127 and just go straight over each and every roundabout and traffic lights until you reach the sea. Turn left and TBYC boat park is 500 yds on the left. Ignore all the signs as the A127 at one point does turn into A1159, just remain straight. It is all Dual Carriageway, except a small section at the start of the A1159 around a few corners. Be warned there are average speed cameras from Basildon until the “Welcome to Southend on Sea” sign and then there are several normal speed cameras from there onwards with 40 mph speed limits.

When you arrive our Chef Dave (from 09:00) will be happy to make you a Breakfast or the usual Breakfast rolls/sandwiches. He will also be happy to take your Lunch orders for when we come off the water. Menus will be available at registration or directly with the chef.

You maybe cold before you get your drysuits on so there will be free tea, coffee and chocolate from the Bosuns hut near where we launch. Anything in the main club building however will have to be paid for.

Race Briefing is at 10:15, with the first warning signal not before 11:00 so get your boat ready and then come to Briefing, you can register at the same time. But don't be late for the start. 3 Races in total if you haven't read the NOR properly yet.

So see all soon.

Paul Morgan
Paul - Sprint 1954
Derek James
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post by Derek James »

Ed , Jan and Derek are planning to come from Draycote , should arrive Saturday afternoon , time to get mast up . Is the club house open Saturday afternoon ? We are looking for somewhere to watch the rugby ! Looking forward to it ...windy and cold !!!! :o
Derek ( Dray cat ) Sprint 1744
moreair

Post by moreair »

That won't be a problem. And yes all the Rugby Games will be shown in the Bar which will be open to 23:00. The club has recently increased the security and so there is digital locks on the doors, however if you go to the back of the club there is a lift and staircase to the main bar without a restricted door.

The Bar staff will know Sprint Sailors are coming and should make you welcome, any problems (very unlikely) then get them to phone me. It's my birthday so I may not be there, I could be having a surprise party somewhere :-)
Paul - Sprint 1954
Steve Sawford

Post by Steve Sawford »

I`ll be driving Sunday morning and will be there for Breakfast :D
Sailing and racing Dart 15`s for 23 years ,
What a fantastic boat . 1733 Tigershark owned her for 22yrs What a gal
moreair

Post by moreair »

Steve I can hear you Bacon sizzling already........

The forecast looks really good now, famous last words ;-) A few showers early but clearing for racing which will have a 15mph easterly (source metoffice).

I understand you are bringing Steves repaired rudder back, he said can you give it to me as he won't be able to get down in time. I will sort out payment.
Paul - Sprint 1954
moreair

Post by moreair »

Breakfast being served from 09:00.

Chef asked if you can preorder lunch choices before going out sailing. Hope that isn't a problem. More menus available at Registration if you miss this.
Catering Menu TBYC 12th February 2017
Catering Menu TBYC 12th February 2017
Catering Menu 12th Feb.jpg (182.21 KiB) Viewed 9520 times
Paul - Sprint 1954
Liam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Liam »

Congratulations to Jenny for two wins and a second to take the Thorpe Bay TT.

Results on the web site at http://www.sprint15.com/events/EMS/event.php?id=156

Steve Sawford is ahead on points going to Grafham but Jenny and Paul are well placed if they can get a third event in.
2034 - No Quarter, 1957 - Dreadnought, 1709 - Biscuit
Shanklin Sailing Club
Holder of OTT Shield
9th most improved at 2018 Nationals
Liam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Liam »

Chris's report is up.
2034 - No Quarter, 1957 - Dreadnought, 1709 - Biscuit
Shanklin Sailing Club