The UK Dart 15 Association

Boat Cover Found?

Dart 15 Chat
AndyP
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Boat Cover Found?

Post by AndyP »

First, and importantly, many thanks to all those who organised an excellent nationals at Saundersfoot. A great week.

Second, did anyone find a blue CatBitz full boat cover in the boat park field? Near the wall to the hotel probably.

If you know anything about it, I'd be grateful for a message here or on andyj.phillips@virgin.net.

Thanks

Andrew Phillips
Chris
Warrant Officer (Class One)
Warrant Officer (Class One)

Boat Cover

Post by Chris »

Hi there Andy, will put out a notice in Shanklin's Chat page to see if it is there.

Was down today but no one said anything. Hope you find it.

Regards
Chris
Webmaster

[/url]http://www.shanklinsailingclub.com[url]
George Stephen
Captain
Captain

Missing Boat Cover

Post by George Stephen »

Is it possible that there was a cover thief about, or possibly just one or 2 sailors picking up the wrong cover in the melee as we packed up?

I was asked if I'd picked up the wrong cover by Bob Baker (Shanklin) who was looking for a Goldfinch cover that had gone missing - mine is also Goldfinch, which he had noticed and very reasonably asked about.

I never found out if the one Bob was looking for turned up.

I'll check around Queen Mary, but I can't imagine Stewart, Alex or Keith having it (Gordon has one of Catparts' flashy new style covers for his new boat).
George 1594
alex955
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Post by alex955 »

Hi guys,

No joy here I'm afraid, I'm coverless both before and after Saundersfoot. Gordon's does look quite nice though.....!

Hope it turns up somewhere for you, and soon.

Alex.
AndyP
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by AndyP »

I don't suspect foul play. Not having a trailer, I'd leave the cover out of the way, on the grass, next to the wall. I just forgot to pack it on the last day.

Thanks for your replies. It looks like the suppliers are in for a good August.